"Teenagers: Treated like children, expected to act like adults." -Unknown
I think that this quote totally encompasses the teenage years. Its the awkward stage between adults and children, where people don't think you can do anything, but then overwhelm you with responsibilities. For example, when you hit your teenage years, your parents start to lecture you about how you have to be careful, you need to make your life, you need to pay attention in school, you need to go to a good college, you need to get a good job, the list could go on forever. When you hit your teenage years, you realize that before staying up till 2 am was hard, and now its a habit. You realize that coloring is no longer considered work, and that projects take a lot longer than 15 minutes spent the night before. The teenage are years that either you look back on and laugh at, or you never speak of them again. Either way, you never forget them.
I think that this quote totally encompasses the teenage years. Its the awkward stage between adults and children, where people don't think you can do anything, but then overwhelm you with responsibilities. For example, when you hit your teenage years, your parents start to lecture you about how you have to be careful, you need to make your life, you need to pay attention in school, you need to go to a good college, you need to get a good job, the list could go on forever. When you hit your teenage years, you realize that before staying up till 2 am was hard, and now its a habit. You realize that coloring is no longer considered work, and that projects take a lot longer than 15 minutes spent the night before. The teenage are years that either you look back on and laugh at, or you never speak of them again. Either way, you never forget them.
I love that quote so much. It pretty much sums up the everything about how teenagers are treated. I think it's unfair, everything that people expect from us. I really think that the responsibilities should be gradually be burdened on us, not in like one day.
ReplyDeleteI can connect to this post especially because Asian parents demand their child to do more. In the part when you said that staying up till 2 am is a habit, I totally imagine myself during weekends and sometimes on weekdays to finish off something important. I sometimes feel it's JUST TOO MUCH.
ReplyDelete