Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Three Poems

A Tiger
A Tiger
Following from afar
slowly
creeps forwards
coming closer
eyes trained
Crouching
Muscles tense
ready to attack
Spring
Streamlined body cuts air


One target
Kill
Always.


Blood
Pump through brain
Muscles
tense in arms
Muscles coil in legs
crouch
Focus eyes
eyes trained
Adrenaline
Cursing through body
Ready to attack
Spring
Streamlined body cuts water


One target
Beat the clock
Always.






Don’t Look Down.
Don’t Look Down.


Down is 13,000 feet down.
Icy unforgiving slopes
Steep banks
Sharp turns
Dust blowing
off the road
Down the mountain
No boundaries
Too far to the right
off the mountain
Twisted remains
Unrecognizable


Don’t Look Down.






Care
This is for the slum kids, who have never had a proper meal.
This is for the rich who just don't care.
This is for the liars who pretend to care.


Care.


This is for the kids who are never heard.
This is for the kids who are heard too much.
This is for the kids who are just there.


Hear.


This is for the delinquents in gangs.
This is for there parents who can't sleep, for their kids are doing god knows what.
This is for the therapists who are no help whatsoever.


Help.


This is for the kids who can't help themselves.
This is for the parents who wish they could help.
This is for the people that forget their struggles in minutes.


Be Bothered.


This is for the people who Cared.
This is for the people that Heard Them.
This is for the people that Helped Them.
This is for the people that were Bothered.

Join Them.

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you repeated the line "eyes trained" I thought that really enhanced the meaning of how a tiger is so trained in hunting down his pray and killing it. I really enjoyed all of your poems because they has a lot of meaning and emotion. I also liked how you set out your poems, the stanza's with one words in the middle was a great way of adding meaning as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image "icy unforgiving slopes". It made me see and feel the danger you were trying to convey. Amazing poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your first and second poem. I like how in the first poem, you repeated the same structure, and I thought thats was really nice. For your second poem it had a kind of beat to it, which was really nice. But I also liked how you used your line breaks that really slowed it downed. Great job.

    ReplyDelete