--*SPOILER ALERT*--
The Giver ends off where Jonas and Gabriel have just found the place in the memories, a place with grandparents, love, christmas, and love. The problem is that it ends off just as they are sledding down a hill to the houses with all of these things. This is what I think would be a much better and much more satisfying ending.
Jonas held Gabriel close and whispered "We are safe now." That was all it took, all his pain and hunger disappeared when he say Gabriel smile. He trudged through the thick cold snow, to the first door he saw. He knocked, and took a step back. he had all sorts of emotions running through his mind, fear, worry, hunger, happiness, relief, and many more. He heard the creak of a door opening, and saw a woman, a pretty woman, standing in the doorway. She spoke, her voice sounding like music, "you must be a runaway!" "Wont you come in? You will be part of our family now." he stepped inside slowly, into a room which was delightfully scented and warm. He peered inside too say 6 friendly faces smiling warmly at him. For the first time in his life, he felt safe, and at home.
I chose this ending because I personally hate sad endings. Since I hate sad endings, I could not make my ending sad by killing them off. I decided to make it happy and give them a family.
The Giver ends off where Jonas and Gabriel have just found the place in the memories, a place with grandparents, love, christmas, and love. The problem is that it ends off just as they are sledding down a hill to the houses with all of these things. This is what I think would be a much better and much more satisfying ending.
Jonas held Gabriel close and whispered "We are safe now." That was all it took, all his pain and hunger disappeared when he say Gabriel smile. He trudged through the thick cold snow, to the first door he saw. He knocked, and took a step back. he had all sorts of emotions running through his mind, fear, worry, hunger, happiness, relief, and many more. He heard the creak of a door opening, and saw a woman, a pretty woman, standing in the doorway. She spoke, her voice sounding like music, "you must be a runaway!" "Wont you come in? You will be part of our family now." he stepped inside slowly, into a room which was delightfully scented and warm. He peered inside too say 6 friendly faces smiling warmly at him. For the first time in his life, he felt safe, and at home.
I chose this ending because I personally hate sad endings. Since I hate sad endings, I could not make my ending sad by killing them off. I decided to make it happy and give them a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment