Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Science Flow Chart Of The Year

This is my flow chart of the year. First I have continental drift theory. I remember this was the first thing we learned this year. We learned about Pangea, and how tectonic plate moved to create the continents. What I remember the most is the song, "HaHa Alfred Wagner, You are a silly man." That really stuck with me, and helped me remember a lot of things I learned. Next I have volcanoes down, because we were kind of continuing on tectonic plates when we learned about earthquakes and volcanoes. I found that significant because I had never learned much other than the basics about volcanoes. I never knew about the different kind of rocks or the 3 different types of volcanoes, dome, composite (strato), and shield volcanoes. Next we learned about flowers. We learned pollination of flowers, their parts, and got do some flower dissections. I remember this unit mostly because i did not like it very much, but I did enjoy the flower dissections.  Continuing on the Biosphere theme, we next learned about the rainforest. We took trips and studied the SAS rainforest, and eventually learned enough  to give 4th graders tours. The last unit we have done so far was primates. We learned about the characteristics of primates and went to the zoo to study our own primates. This was the highlight of my science year, and I learned a lot of new things about primates, my primate, the Sumatran Orangutan especially. 

No comments:

Post a Comment