Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Primate Questions

We have studied, researched, and even watched live primates interact with each other, and even with all of that knowledge, I still have a few questions left unanswered. One of my questions is why is the Indonesian Government only protecting 25% of the Sumatran Orangutans left in the wild. During my research, I found that there is only one real sanctuary protecting the orangutans on the northern tip of Sumatra. This sanctuary only holds 25% of the Sumatran Orangutan species, while the other 75% are left to try to survive in the wild. To find the answer to this question I would have to travel to the sanctuary and ask them about the number of Orangutans they help. Another question I had was about how people keep the Orangutans as pets. I read that they are still illegally captured and sold as pets, but when they are mature, they are larger than humans. How do people keep them as pets? To find the answer I would have to find where are the most Sumatran Orangutans illegally captured, and then talk to organizations trying to prevent this to learn about the cases of this happening. Then maybe I would get a clearer idea of the answer. This just shows that you can research and have a lot of knowledge, but you will always have questions. That actually is the real way to gain knowledge, through questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment