Thursday, 20 February 2014

I Can't Believe I Actually Wanted To Grow Up.

When I really think about it, the one thing I am most looking forward to doing in high school is being able to sit at the back of the bus without the high schoolers having to be at Interim. I mean I have been wanting to sit there since I came to this school 10 years ago. But it was always reserved for the high schoolers, and no one else. That is the only real benefit I see of high school. Another other benefits that may be there, they get cancelled out by all the not so good things about high school. With high school comes the need to keep your grades up because those are the years your grades matter. Of course the hardest years of school, are the ones that count the most. Another thing would be the homework. The school really is being hypocritical when they say they want us to get our full 8 hours of sleep, and they give us enough homework to keep us up for days on end. Of course this all coming from what I have heard about high school. It may or may not be true, but judging by how bad many of the high schoolers I know want to go back to middle school, I would say it isn't a complete party as it is showed on High School Musical. 

3 comments:

  1. Thats a great post Sukriti! I loved how you were really honest about what you felt about high school, and stated outright that the best thing about high school was sitting at the back of the bus. What about subway? I completely agree with you about the end of the post. The good bits of high school are completely destroyed by all the stress about grades and how important they are. But did you think about how much more opportunity you get in high school? In middle school, everything is very much limited. You have to take your core classes, and even there there isn't any difference except in the maths. In high school, we get choices in nearly every class. We can chose classes we are interested in, and not just ones we have to. I, personally, think that that's a great prospect for the future. (Except I won't have enough blocks in my day to get the classes I want with the normal ones as well as chinese and band.) All in all, a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sukriti, awesome post! I could totally relate to everything you mentioned. I, like you, have also been at SAS for a very long time and there has always been this unspoken agreement between everyone on the bus that only the high schooler get to sit at the back. I totally remember wanting to sit at the back of the bus with all the cool high schoolers. I would always think they were so lucky to be able to sit there without their seat belts on. It was always that and the fact that they could eat Subway whenever they wanted too! I also love your line on High School Musical. I know so many kids went through a long period from the time when High School Musical was released and onwards wishing we were in high school because we thought it would be all fun and party like it was shown to be in the movie. You are completely right in saying this is not true though, because your last four years of school are definitely the ones that matter most and the ones that are the most important. With all this pressure and the large amount of homework, quizzes, exams, etc. piled on you, how could high school be even a bit fun? Good job, Sukriti!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! I do not understand how people look forward to high school. WIth all the tests, exams, keeping up your GPA, the expectations, what is there to look forward to? I guess Interim and the independence is something to look forward to, but with all the downsides, it cancels out, leaving a lot of stuff not to look forward to.

      Delete