Thursday, 26 September 2013

What Bugs Me

A lot of things bother me. These things may actually be real problems, but normally I'm just being over critical. Like one of the things that bothers me the most is India. I mean I am an Indian, and I love my country, but would it kill them to clean it up a bit? I mean there is dust everywhere, people drive like there is no tomorrow, thousands of people are bankrupt and jobless, and the government is corrupt. Did I mention the dangers? I mean I cant go outside to buy a loaf of bread by myself without at least 3 people coming with me. Don't even get me started on the lack of air conditioning. Good thing India makes up for all these things with Bollywood! 
Another thing that bothers me is authors. How cruel is it to write an amazing book that keeps you on the edge of your seat, end it with a cliffhanger, and then make the reader wait a year to know what happens. (cough *Rick Riordan* cough) Why? Just why? Its not fair! A lot can happen in a year! How do you know that the reader will still be interested after a year? How do you know that the reader will still remember the book after a year? So if I were an author, I would make sure to write all the books in a series, then get them published so that readers would never have to wait. Too bad I'm probably never going to be an author...
Anyhow the list can probably go on forever. There are a lot, and I mean a lot of things that bother me. Hopefully I can learn to be a little less critical, thats gonna take a while.

4 comments:

  1. I utterly, completely, fully, truly agree with you. Authors drive me absolutely nuts when they do that. (HOUSE OF HADES COMES OUT IN 8 DAYS!! AHHHHH!!!) I agree with the fact that they should publish all the books at once, but for authors its better to do it like that so they make more money. (Sadly.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to India, so I can't comment on that, but I really really really strongly agree with you about authors publishing books with time gaps in between. I've experienced that a lot, also especially with Rick Riordan. I've had to reread many of his books multiple times in order to remember what had happened. But hopefully, in the future, authors will learn...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! It was a piece of writing that really spoke to me as the reader and made me laugh. I love how creative you were with approaching this post. You have questions that showed your "anger" towards what bugged you, and I think that the questions also helped me question what I thought about those things. I understand what it is like to have an author who writes the books and then takes such a long time to write the next book! (Starters by Lisa Price) I'm sure you will become a great writer/author, so I'm looking forward in seeing your name on a book series with all the books together on one shelf!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I loved yours. I can agree on every thing you just said in there. I think it's really unfair that Rick Riordan did that as well. I liked how you started because I know I didn't know how to introduce it. Quick but enjoyable read as well!

    ReplyDelete